Go digital and offer online Check-in at your hotel
From now on, you can modernise the Check-in process at your hotel. As with airlines, your guests will be able to Check-in Online on your own website. In addition, you will be able to capture all the details of your guests, such as email address, telephone number, etc. with the Online Check-in.
Optimise Check-in at your hotelHundreds of hotels use Civitfun to optimise their Check-in processes, thanks to our certified PMS integration
- The guests make their booking through the channels made available by the hotel: Direct booking on the hotel website, OTA's (Booking or Expedia...) or TTOO.
- After completing the booking, the guest receives a printable booking locator or a booking confirmation email.
Once the guest accesses the check-in process via the hotel's website or via the booking confirmation email, the guest will complete a preliminary form to identify the booking in the PMS (Property Management System).
Once the PMS verifies the existence of such booking, the guest will have to complete another form with the required information. This form can be completed by taking a picture of their ID card or passport, as this process includes an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) via webcam, if using a computer, or using the camera on their mobile phone or tablet. This OCR makes it possible to extract all the information that the guest must complete.
If the document scanner is not used, the guest will be able to fill in a form that is programmed to verify that all the fields are completed and with the correct information.
- The next step is the simple digital signature process to formalise any contract the guest may need to sign. This way, you no longer have to print anything at the reception desk and the guest receives this information via email, much like an airline check-in process.
- Once this process is completed, the information is transferred to the PMS used by the hotel, thanks to the integration carried out by Civitfun. These details are stored in the system you use in compliance with the Organic Law on Data Protection (LOPD)
- Finally, on the day of the guest's arrival, your receptionists will have the information stored in the system. They will simply have to make the visual check required by law, assign the room, and finally hand over the key to the guests. This helps reduce guest waiting time and the receptionist's workload, and facilitates the collection of real guest data.